Interested in become a volunteer with CBC? Then you have come to the right place! We have diverse volunteer experiences that fit any schedule. Check out our requirements below:
General Volunteer Requirements
- Individuals required to complete court mandated community service cannot become volunteers with Community Blood Center.
- Volunteers do not assist in collecting, testing or processing blood. As a result, the CBC volunteer program does not provide volunteer opportunities related to phlebotomy or lab work.
- Volunteer candidates must be at least 14 years old. (drivers must be 21)
- All volunteer candidates must complete the volunteer orientation process. This includes successfully passing a pre-paid background screening.
- All volunteer candidates must be able to complete the tasks outlined in their volunteer assignment.
- Volunteers must provide their own transportation to and from their service site. (For volunteer drivers, you must have transportation to and from the Kansas City office. Vehicles will be provided upon arrival.)
- Volunteers with the Community Blood Center must be comfortable being in areas where blood is collected, which includes visually seeing blood bags, needles, or in an area where donations are occurring.
- Volunteers must have a positive attitude, be reliable, and have a desire to provide excellent customer service to donors, staff, and fellow volunteers.
Special Requirements: Volunteer Drivers for Life
- CBC requires the volunteer to pass a Motor Vehicle Check and have a clean driving record.
- For Missouri residents, a Class E Driver’s License or higher is required. (CBC will reimburse the cost of a Class E license $35.00). For Kansas residents, a standard driver’s license is sufficient.
- CBC requires the volunteer to be at least 21 years old and able to lift 35 lbs. independently.