Becoming a Volunteer
Becoming a Volunteer with CBC
If you are ready to join one of the best volunteer teams in the area, we encourage you to apply today! A candidate must complete an orientation process to ensure the safety and success of our volunteers. The process is as follows:
- Review our list of Volunteer Opportunities and the requirements listed in the next section.
- Complete our Volunteer Application.
- If eligible, the candidate will be contacted by Volunteer Services to set up a brief interview.
- After successfully completing the interview and reviewing our Volunteer Requirements, the candidate will be asked to submit a pre-paid background check online.
- After successfully passing the background check, an orientation will be scheduled. During orientation volunteers learn job responsibilities , how to set up a regular schedule and create an online login to self-select periodic shifts.
- After orientation, new volunteer drivers will be scheduled for a ride-along with an experienced volunteer driver before beginning a solo shift. Outreach, Ambassador and Office volunteers may ask to shadow an experienced volunteer or CBC team member during their first shift, if they wish.
If you have any further questions, please contact CBC Volunteer Services at (816) 968-4079 or email@example.com