Other Ways to Help
- Write a letter to the editor of your hometown newspaper about why you donate blood.
- Recruit others to give blood or bring a friend along next time you donate.
- Donate blood more often. If you have been giving only once a year, try to give two or three times a year.
- Ask the human resources department at work to hold a companywide blood drive.
- Encourage your teenager’s high school or scout troop to sponsor a blood drive.Organize a blood drive at church, your bowling league or book club. Invite your relatives to join you in donating blood as a family activity over the holidays.