Ways to Donate Money
- Give Online - To make a gift online, please use the secure online giving form below. You can make a one-time gift or set up a recurring gift to ensure your support is renewed monthly or annually.
- Text Gifts - Text CBCKC to 20222 to automatically give a $20 gift to CBC's fundraising efforts.
A one-time donation of $20.00 will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. Donor must be age 18+ and all donations must be authorized by the account holder (e.g. parents). By texting YES, the user agrees to the terms and conditions. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Service is available on most carriers.
- Send your check (payable to Community Blood Center) to:
Community Blood Center
P.O. BOX 419354
Boston, MA 02241-9354
NOTE: In order the protect the security of your check, CBC has all funds processed by Bank of America in Boston, MA. Please be assured that all funds from your donation stay in CBC's local community.
- In-kind donations – Gift-in-Kind donations of all types are appreciated. Tickets to sporting or cultural events, food for the donor café or for special events, and other donor incentives are just a few of the ways you can help support our lifesaving mission. Some restrictions apply. To request information or speak to someone about giving a Gift-in-Kind, please fill out our Office of Philanthropy contact us form and someone will reply within 24-48 hours.
- Monthly Giving - Monthly Giving is the best way to ensure CBC has a steady stream of funds helping more patients in need. For as little as $5 a month, you can help CBC save more lives each year. This can be set up when you make a donation through our online giving form below.
- Honor Someone Special - A tribute gift is a meaningful way to honor someone special in your life. Honor a birthday, anniversary, or special occasion. When making a gift of this type, a letter will be sent to your special person to let them know a gift was made in their honor. This can be set up when you make a donation through our online giving form below.
- Remember a Loved One - Pay respect and express sympathy by making a gift in remembrance of someone. When making a memorial gift, you can select a designated person to receive an acknowledgement letter on behalf of your gift. This can be set up when you make a donation through our online giving form below. Workplace Giving - Contact your employer to find out if they participate in a workplace giving program or corporate giving challenges. Encourage your colleagues to choose Community Blood Center as their chosen charity for pre-tax paycheck deductions.
- Matching Gifts / Volunteer Grants - Employee matching gift programs are corporate giving programs in which your company may match 1-2x your donation to us. Volunteer grant programs are corporate giving programs in which your company may provide monetary donations when you volunteer; Many even provide monetary donations for donating blood as a form of volunteering!
- Search our database and enter your company into the search bar.
- Follow the instructions in the database to have your donation matched or a volunteer grant provided for your time.
- Sponsorships and Grants - We partner with many leading organizations to advance their philanthropic goals in the community, from hosting blood drives to providing educational programs and scholarships. We also collaborate with foundations to address healthcare issues in our community and have developed expertise in meeting the special needs of cancer patients, sickle cell patients, and newborns with blood disorders.
To speak to someone about how to become a sponsor, or how to give any other type of grant, please fill out our Office of Philanthropy contact us and someone will reply within 24-48 hours.
- Stock Donations & Estate Planning- There are many benefits to stock giving! By making a gift of appreciated stocks and securities, you are eligible for a charitable contribution deduction on your taxes for the full fair market value of the shares. In transferring appreciated stock to NYBCe, you also avoid the capital gains tax that you would otherwise owe if you sold the stock and made a cash gift.
If the stock is being transferred from a brokerage account, please input the following delivery information:
Title on Account: New York Blood Center Inc.
Account Number: 6LV-04037
DTC Number: 8862
Bank Name: Merrill Lynch Bank
Contact: Stefano Fava
If using this method, prior to making the stock transfer please contact usin order to ensure your gift will be allocated properly to your designation of choice.
We truly appreciate and are thankful for any and all monetary donations. Should you require any further assistance, please contact the CBC Office of Philanthropy team. The Blood Center is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization. Tax ID: 131949477.