Community Blood Center is proud to provide educational programs on blood banking and transfusion medicine for clinical laboratory scientists, CLS students, pathology residents, and other groups.
- Each spring, we offer Experience in Blood Banking courses, which are live, lecture based, PACE accredited courses intended for a variety of learners. These courses are free for Community Blood Center customers.
- Community Blood Center has partnered with area Pathology Resident Programs, and we offer one-month rotations involving both observation and hands on learning.
- Community Blood Center has partnered with local CLS programs, and we provide the opportunity to experience complex serologic bench work as an enrichment to CLS students in the area of blood banking.
- Community Blood Center provides tours of the donor center and tours of the National Center for Blood Group Genomics to various groups of learners throughout the year.
- Year-round professional development through AABB eCasts – group eLearning opportunities hosted on site at our 4040 Main location. These 60 to 90 minute online programs begin at 1PM, include a question/answer portion, and cover a wide range of topics. For more information about the following upcoming eCasts listed below, please email DocumentControl@cbckc.org:
- 7/10/2019: Immunohematology Boot Camp Series: HLA Antibodies – The Platelet Refractory Patient (#19EL-450)
- 7/18/2019: Emergency Management – Hurricanes, Floods, Fires, Snow and Ice, and National & International Threats (#19EL-454)
- 8/14/2019: Massive Transfusion Protocols and Indications: Urban Versus Suburban/Rural (#19EL-464)
- 9/11/2019: Iron Deficiency in Blood Donors – An Update (#19EL-472)
- 10/02/2019: Alloimmunization – Basic Science and Clinical Experience (#19EL-480)
- 11/06/2019: Who, What, Where, When, Why, How of Competency Assessment (#19EL-490)
- 11/20/2019: Addressing Common Citations from AABB and CAP (#19EL-495)
If you would like additional information about any Community Blood Center educational program, please email MedEd@cbckc.org